Sunday, January 25, 2009

24/365



Here are our fat cats staring out the window at the snow. Turtle was a stray we adopted when we moved here, she was already living at our house anyway. She was so skinny. She started coming in in November when it got cold... now these lazy cats haven't been outside since it started snowing. They are getting fat from lack of activity, I think they need diet food or at indoor food during the winters.

Today we finally had the car jumped. Did you know if your car battery is completely dead you can shift it in to neutral to, say, push it out of your garage? What a stupid design! Anyway, we ended up waiting about 2.5 hours for the jump. Ugh. That is why I was reluctant to call in the first place! But we got it started, pulled it out and ran a few errands and got sushi take out for a movie night (we watched Wall-E).

Kidisms:
Yesterday we went out side to shovel a bit of snow. After we came in Elyas asked to go back out side. It was really cold (about 4 degrees F) when we were out, and Leila said "I'm not going back outside it FREAKING cold out there. If I go back outside I'm wearing ten clothes because it's so freaking cold"

Late Leila was giving kisses to Ali, but she kept opening her mouth first. He told her to close her mouth and she said "But Baba, that's how people on TV kiss!"

No comments: