Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Sunday...

I've been feeling a lack of inspiration in photography lately, so I decided to do another "30 days of the every day" project.

So here is day 1.

30 days, day 1

30 days,  day 1

Sunday is my meal planning and grocery shopping day. I have a goal of keeping our food bill to less than $150/week. I made it in at $149.13 today. :) Of course that is slightly under actual cost because I bought milk and eggs two days ago. Ah well, still close to the goal.

I have found that if I actually plan out the menu, then write up my list carefully, keeping in mind the different locations of things in the store I can get out without buying impulse items and staying in my budget. I use the weekly sales flyer to help me build the menu. I didn't make it out 100% impulse buy-free today, I bought ingredients for dump cake (which I've never made, but I'm going to give it a try!), and 2 fruit leather packs for the kids. But I also got to go to the store BY MYSELF. OMG, it was heavenly. No screaming children through the store, no trying to find my husband and my cart (sorry Ali, it's easier when you're not driving), all done in record time, nothing forgotten. Ah, the joys of being a stay at home mother!

1 comment:

Leia H said...

I love what you call the chicken breast ;) I always make menus, because I have to for my daycare. It helps keep costs down so much though! I'm excited, because I love your 30 days projects!