

On Wednesday morning the kids and I went up to the Coralville Dam. Last time we had been up there (at the beach area), I saw the spill over area looked like a pretty interesting place to explore. So the kids and I went up there, and to my surprise it was a fossil bed! I was delighted! Of course, the floods had washed out the path down, and washed away all the markers, but it was awesome, and fun. As you went further down, the fossils got older and older. There was a lot of coral fossils (so that's why they call it Coralville... maybe). There weren't any other people there, so it was just the 3 of us and so peaceful. We also saw lots of animal tracks, and a snake. The children got very good at identifying animal tracks (mostly deer and raccoon). We'll definitely go back again soon!
1 comment:
How cool!
And they look so precious exploring the beach there.
Post a Comment