Monday, March 9, 2009

67/365


Today started out badly, but ended okay.

This morning I went down to the basement to get something out of the dryer. The basement had a bit of moisture on the floor, and I thought "great"... well, I could see a little bit of water actually starting to floor. An hour later, there was four inches of water on the west side of the basement. I've determined that the shower down there, with the only drain, needs to be sledgehammered... the water couldn't drain! We had to get a few siphons going to get the water out. It was much fun, I tell you, to see little cat turds floating by as you're trying to get a siphon started. EW.

Later, we had friends over for dinner, and then headed out to see The Beggarmen at the Engelert... it was great! The kids had so much fun, and we loved it, despite having to leave at the intermission. We'll definitely be going to see them play the Coralville Library on St. Patty's Day.

No comments: