Saturday, July 7, 2007
It's been a long week. First Leila was sick on Sunday, by Tuesday night, Elyas and my mom had it. By Thursday I was feeling it! Summer viruses are no fun! This one wasn't too bad; scratchy throat, achy body, fever lasting about 24 hours (longer in the kids), nausea, and then boogey-noses. I didn't give Leila much of anything except a throat spray (Bee-fense, winter immune spray. has propolis, echinecea, and elderberry). Elyas I did give fever reducer (acetaminophen) because he was so miserable and couldn't sleep. Myself, well, at the first sign I started taking Sambuccol Immune Blend. I LOVE that stuff. I barely felt sick, just a few hours feeling feverish, so much better than the kids or my mom fared. That's the same stuff that got me through mastitis. HIGHLY recommend it for illness needs, propolis is a natural antibiotic with no side effects, though it can be dangerous for people with bee allergies. Since I can't take most antibiotics due to allergies, it's been a wonder drug for me! If I had been feeling better in the stomach I would have taken raw garlic (another natural antibiotic/antiviral), but I didn't think my tummy could handle it with this virus. Did help marvelously when I had mastitis though! So I guess I have to admit I was sick for the first time in 3 years! but barely. I think that's pretty good having 2 little kids! I even made it through everyone else contracting RSV. Sambuccol and emergen-C; I should buy stock!
5 comments:
where do you buy your herbal stuff usually?
I buy them at vitacost.com or a local store (Seattle Supersupplements) Vitacost is cheaper if I buy enough for free shipping.
i buy mine at vitacost too! ok good to know. anything else you recommend? i buy herb pharm's echinacea from them. OH and does leila take vitamins? we just started aug on animal parade's
She just takes Floradix (iron supplement), but she's still nursing, so I figure she's getting enough. I have been thinking about cal/mag supplements for her too though.
Hey Sarah...I came across your blog, interestingly enough, in a google search for parenting in Issaquah. Love it so far. Come check out mine when you get a chance: http://lifeatnikis.blogspot.com
I swear I'm not a robot - I exist. Was just looking for some local company. Don't know whether you're actually local or not - just that Issaquah is in your blog and I've enjoyed reading, so I thought I should comment.
Post a Comment