Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Toddler Translations

When your children are little and say words incorrectly you think to yourself that you will always remember their toddlerisms, but it is amazing how quickly you forget! A video clip reminded me of one of Leila's that I had almost forgotten, so I thought I'd write some down before they are gone from my memory, even though she has outgrown some of these already:

cucumber = moh-koo
pineapple = moh-kuk
spaghetti = pooghetti
unicorn = eevacorn
pacifier = hoggie (my term for it as a child was hobbit, which became hobbie, and Leila turned it into hoggie)

I'll come back with more as I think of them.
how could I forget:
light/chandelier = *raise hand to light and blow raspberry* LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the video of you trying to get her to say pineapple.

leila say pine. "pine"
say apple. "apple"
say pineapple "moh-kuk"


hahahaha

Sarah said...

that's my favorite of her ever! hilarious!