Sunday, October 11, 2009

News and updates

First the updates. My health continues to be improving, for which I am very thankful for. I had a brief relapse in September after switching my vitamin regiment from a b-complex and children's multi to a women's multi. I started up the b-complex again, and symptoms went away, so I suspect pernicious anemia. I had blood work for it, which didn't show any anemia, but then, I wasn't willing to stop taking the b's for a few days to check. In any case, I am feeling better!

In September Mom and Adam came for a visit. It was so nice to have them here, and we've really been missing them. It seems like it will be forever before we get to see them again (in December), but at least that will be for a good long time. And in Hawaii for most of it. :) And Dad is coming for a short visit here in about 10 days, so that will be nice - I haven't seen my dad since January! :(

We had our first snow yesterday, and it's been really cold today, and much of my garden is quite unhappy about this fact. Bummer! Last year we didn't have a frost until late October, and it was light, so I wasn't expecting this. I may have to bring the pumpkins inside to ripen. The only things that don't look shocked out there are the kale and brussels sprouts.

And the best new news is we are expecting a new baby! Our due date is my uncle David's birthday, June 11th. We are very excited, but haven't yet broken the news to the kids.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I had been thinking about you the past couple days wondering if you figured things out. Congratulations on the new one on the way as well.

the hejkals said...

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better.

Jena said...

I am so happy for you all!!! You make such beautiful babies, can't wait to "meet" new baby as well.

mickmax said...

CONGRATS!