Life has been incredibly busy, but also fulfilling and wonderful this month. Mom is still visiting, though Dad left on Sunday (and I miss him much already). We have been in our new house for three weeks now, and we really love it here. Already we have done so much: we've refinished the floors on the main floor (except for the dining room: I'm not done with that one yet, alas, I will wait until my mother is gone for that project! Probably the weekend following Halloween). I have started minor renovations on the bathroom upstairs because the shower was awkward and difficult. They are very minor renovations for now, and some point in the next 10 years we will totally renovate the bathroom up there, make it really nice.
We had a termite scare, but it turned out to be just swarming yellow ants, also called Citronella ants. Turns out they are not wood eating and are harmless, just annoying. Phew.
I have a temporary position with Google now, as a Quality Rater. I can't say much about it because of confidentiality, but I can say that by the end of my one-year term we should be nearly debt free besides our home loan. Even that student loan will be gone! Yay!
I've been doing a lot of reading this past month or so, and I am feeling really motivated to make some changes in my life. A quick run down of some of the books I've read recently that I felt have been inspiring (and some even life-changing!): In Defense of Food; The Total Money Makeover (lifechanging! I highly recommend it!); Affluenza, the all-consuming epidemic; The Simple Living Guide; and Poisoned Nation (scary!).
We seem to have been adopted by a little cat. She's been here since we moved in (and even before, I saw her hanging around a lot and sleeping in the garage). We fed her some food. Poor little thing was starving.
5 comments:
So...what is the kitty's name?
What does Marley think of this cat?
You sure have ben busy!
Love,
Suzy
You have been busy!! I bet those floors look awesome!!
Congrats on the job! Can't wait to see the house next time I head to Iowa City.
I have a book called Simple Loving which was written by Janet Luhrs who wrote The Simple Living Guide. You inspired me to re-read it. It's been years since I first read it. Would you like to borrow it when I am done?
Welcome to your new kitty! :)
Congrats on the great job! Sounds fantastic! Is that something other people can get in on, or do you have a special degree?
Remodeling is such a pain, but doesn't it all feel so amazing when it's finished??!! Hope to see some photos!
Post a Comment