Thursday, May 15, 2008

Busy-ness and business

I've been soooo busy at Kick lately. I have a couple of big jobs finishing tomorrow, thankfully, and I can have my life mostly back!

Ali is set to finish his dissertation tomorrow. Sorry, dear, if you are reading this, but I'll believe it when I see it, you know? ;) But I'm really hoping to see it because I want my husband back! I feel like the dissertation widow. Once it gets printed up and bound by the department I'm going to take my picture with it: the other woman. ;) LOL

I've started doing more portfolio building. I did a maternity shoot for a friend last weekend, and I have one this weekend for a lady pregnant with triplets! I hope both of them call me back to do newborn pictures too.

I'm going to put up an ad on craigslist for a model search. I need to boost my portfolio, so I can get my website up and running for when we move to IA. Then I'll so some specials there to get a client base going. I need to write up a business plan... maybe this weekend.

2 comments:

Thystle said...

Re: Business - how exciting! I love the planning that goes into a new business. However, its the doing that's a tough one. Best of luck to you!

Leia H said...

How was the maternity shoot? Sounds like so much fun! So much life inside there - how wonderful!

Say, I've got 2 adorable and camera-friendly models for you when you move here! Be sure to write me when you get settled in! I'd be honored to have you photograph my kids!