here's what it looks like

And as if I don't have enough to deal with, it looks like we're being hit with another stomach bug. :(
In which Sarah describes her attempts to raise her children, feed her family healthy substances, become more self-reliant, and be a good steward of our Mother Earth

2 comments:
Hi, I was doing a search for something and your blog came up.
I am kinda going out on a limb here because I don't know you. My oldest girl had to have extensive dental work (losing 3 teeth, a couple of fillings, and 2 crowns) because of what the dentist termed bottle rot, except I nursed my daughter and she never took a bottle. Apparently for some people genetics play a very important role in the health of teeth. I have extensive stories about dentists (good and bad).
I saw that you have no dental coverage until August I wanted to suggest that when you find a dentist, find one that specializes in pediatrics. My first nightmare was going to a regular dentist. We were treated much better at the pediatric office (and they treated my daughter better.
Also, I wanted to encourage you as a parent. I don't know you but as a mom, I felt very guilty (and sometimes still do) about the shape that my child's teeth are in. I work hard to keep them healthy. My youngest has been showing signs of decay as well. It is a hard battle to keep my kids away from sugar (I am not always successful). I do everything in my power to keep her free of decay but it seems that in the long run...genetics is winning this battle.
Good luck with your journey!! I am going to bed because as the odds would have it, My oldest has a dentist appointment tomorrow morning! Uggg!!! :)
Take care!
Ouch! Bottle rot and stomach bug aggg !
I would concur with what the PP said about genetics! I've heard stories of moms whose first 3 kids had excellent teeth and the 4th one had awful cavity problems. So its really a bit random and not an indictment of your parenting.
I haven't done extensive research but have been keeping my ears open around this issue just in case (knock on wood) and I've heard many success stories with xylitol reversing decay (i'm assuming bottle rot is just a kind of cavity?) and causing remineralization.
Post a Comment