Saturday, June 11, 2011

One year ago

One year ago today was my due date with Jude. Like my other two children, he did not come on or before his due date. In fact, he was my longest pregnancy by about 15 hours - beating out Leila's record at 40 weeks and 5 days (15 minutes short of 40+6). It's interesting to think back on this day, last year, I was just waiting. Waiting. Waiting. I felt like a watched pot, with my mother and father visiting, my dad set to leave one week from this day. Jude did come in his own time, of course, and new the perfectly right birthday for himself. But when you are very large, and very hot in the 90+ temps with humidity, you are ready for certain little people to make their entrance!

This year has gone by so fast. It's just amazing, I swear I have just blinked and it is gone by. My last little baby will be 1 in 5 days and my heart aches. You try to savor every moment, especially knowing it is your last and knowing how fast it goes, and still time zooms past and your little wee one is grown before you know it.

No comments: