Friday, September 17, 2010

44/365

I've decided to try out a new homeschooling method, see how it works for. Since I am writing this 5 days past the actual day the photo was taken, I can say it's working well! I've been writing a short list of tasks for them to complete on our "home working" days (ie, days our homeschooling isn't field trips - such as Wednesdays which are filled with Elyas' Gymnastics and our weekly Children's Museum playdate, and Thursdays which are library and violin lesson days). I'm still experimenting with the length of the list, 5-7 tasks seems to be about right, and they vary on difficulty and "type" - such as some are reading, some are art, some are writing, math, and I try to through a physical activity in there in the middle (nature walk, jumping jacks, running outside). Leila really likes having a list to tick the things off of (and of course all things must be done in exact order, so I've learned to write the list out in a way that I think will work well for that morning). It is nice to see what we need to accomplish for the morning, and what has been done. And also a good record of what we have been doing.

No comments: